Sunday, April 1, 2012

Unguarded

I just wanted to start off by apologizing about the blog I sent out yesterday. I was very upset about a few things that were brought to my attention, and I made the mistake of blogging about it. I let my emotions get the best of me for a short while and shouldn't have. While I was certainly excited to see the CATS take down Louisville in the Final Four, and now take on Kansas for the title, this was a tough weekend for me, physically and emotionally. However, even when things are down, there are always better days ahead. My Aunt Lynette, who has been battling breast cancer had a very successful surgery on Wednesday, and I am proud to say that they got EVERY big of the cancer out! Her and I had coined the phrase "cancer, schmancer" to help put a smile and positive spin on what she was experiencing. She's such a strong person and was soooooo strong during this battle. She will be going through radiation treatments to make sure it doesn't come back, but from what the doctors told her, it looks like she kicked cancers butt!!! I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful mother! Susan Chedester is an amazing woman and I can't thank her enough for such a wonderful job she did raising me, my brother, and sister. Good god we were wild childs growing up but Mom was always there for us! Finally, I just finished watching an ESPN documentary film called, "UNGUARDED". It's a film that tells the story about former NBA basketball star Chris Herren. Chris was one of the greatest college basketball players in the 90's and had an oustanding professional career ahead of him......until he was turned on to cocaine at the age of 18. The movie takes you down a long and windy road of emotional highs and lows for Chris, as he lost almost everything during his battle with drugs and alcohol. This is a must watch for anyone that enjoys inspirational movies that completely turn you inside out emotionally, but has a happy ending. Chris nearly lost his life and family because of his addiction. Good for you Chris! You're truly a living inspirational to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment