Friday, June 1, 2012

Even the Blind can Dance

As I sit here tonight watching a movie that I have seen over 100 times, there is a scene in this movie that moves me everytime....every time.  "Scent of a Woman" which is one of my favorite movies, not just because it has one of my favorite actors "Al Pacino" in it, but it has one of the greatest scenes in a movie.  For those of you who haven't seen the movie, Al Pacino plays a character that is permanently blind from war, and it has to be one of the greatest characters he has ever played.  There is a scene in the movie where he offers to "tango" with a beautiful lady during a dinner.  It may sound sappy, or to others, even silly, but the scene to me is absolutely moving.  Al Pacino's ability to draw you completely into his character, to even get you to imagine what it would be like to be blind, is nothing more than UNBELIEVABLE.  Watching him "tango" with the young lady for over 3 minutes is moving.  He truly brings you in to wonder, "could I do this if I were blind?"....

It really makes you think.....
For those who love to dream....or even imagine..."what if".....
"What if I were blind"....

Just think....how being able to "see" is just a natural thing....but "what if" that was taken away from you.....

What would you do?....
I'd like to think that one day I would be as strong as the character Al Pacino plays in "Scent of a Woman"

Always Keep Smiling!

1 comment:

  1. I too have been cursed (or is it blessed) with PD. It has changed my life, but I am a better person because of it. Your words are positive and uplifting. Always have a positive vibration! Visit my blog and say hi! Take Care, Andy King - http://andywardking.blogspot.com PS I looks like quite a few people and organizations have come up with Shakin' Not Stirred. I can see why, it is an obvious play on words. ;)

    ReplyDelete