Thursday, May 3, 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!

As of 3:46pm EST, I am happy to announce that I have received an invitation to run as a part of TEAM FOX in the 2012 ING New York City Marathon!
Since being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, this has been a dream of mine to be able to do.  I have signed on to commit to raise the minimum of $3,000 for TEAM FOX.
I am truly honored to receive this invitation from the Michael J. Fox Foundation, as there are only 200 runners allowed to run as a part of TEAM FOX.
As I have told many of you before, there are very few times in your life that you will be handed the opportunity to make a difference.  It's obvious to me that this is one of those opportunities.  Not "if" but "when" I finish the race, I will be the youngest to ever run the NYC Marathon as a diagnosed patient with Parkinson's Disease.
One step at a time, one day at a team.......we will make a difference.

Always Keep Smiling!

David

6 comments:

  1. Congrats David!
    Now you better get on the training!!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They kinda got you by the balls with having to promise to raise 3k of donations or they charge you? wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. David ChedesterMay 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

    Well the whole purpose of my foundation and the Michael J. Fox Foundation is to raise money to fund for research in hopes to find a cure for Parkinson's Disease.  The great part about being passionate for a cure is that I will do whatever I have to in order to raise the $3,000.  Honestly, I think that's a very fair amount of money to raise.  Only 200 peolple in the entire U.S. get the honor to run as a part of TEAM FOX, so even if I wasn't able to raise the money, I would gladly pay the amount.  I don't look at it like they are forcing me to do anything.....but to help them....
    Thank you for reading my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4.  I didn't know it was that limited, it makes much more sense, If 100 out of the 200 raised 25$ then they'd be screwed. I see the point of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing lead the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. David ChedesterMay 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM

    I will do my best Christine....but I'm afraid my 10 minute mile won't be enough to win LOL!

    ReplyDelete