Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just when I was starting to look down....

I have to admit that yesterday should have been an extremely depressing day for me: Valentine's Day. My girlfriend and I recently split up and I had a really tough time dealing with the whole situation. And of course, all I saw yesterday was couples all around me doing all the things that I wish I was able to do; which is share my love and affection with another. I was constantly being reminded of how many couples out there are truly in love with each other and yesterday was just another day to show this affection. While I thought I was going to spend this day sad and depressed, fate wouldn't let that happen. As of 5:48pm yesterday, a publishing company has officially agreed to publish my book! I want to take this time to thank AuthorHouse Publishing for giving me the opportunity to share my story with the entire world. I hope that this book can help inspire others that no matter what we are going through in life, positive things are right around the corner. It looks as if mid to late May will be the launch date! I will keep everyone posted as the process continues. Thank you everyone that has helped me along this journey. A huge thank you goes out to Mark Puckett (my editor), Bradley Jones (design artist), Summer Jo Brooks (my publicist, Leslie Lambert (blog designer), and all my friends that have helped inspire me throughout this journey: Brian Powell, Elizabeth Morgan, Tom Lunsmann, Thomas Tacogna, Heather Campbell, Jessica Oliver, and many more. Two more special thanks goes out to my father Robert Chedester - Dad, if it wasn't for your awesome genetics and genius brain, and the combination of vodka + front seat of your 1982 Red Ford Truck, I wouldn't be here LOL! Last and certainly not least, God. Many of you might be shocked with this, but I am starting to believe that God is using Parkinson's Disease and my positive thinking to work through me and with me. I hope this is just the beginning to all of us coming together to help find a cure.......smile everybody :)

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Dave! I'm so proud of you!!! And to think I was one of the first people to read your book...I feel privileged : ) God bless you my sweet friend 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Dave!  Keep your head up ... lots of good things are in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Im so excited for you and so proud of all your hard work!!! I can't wait to readt your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you! You did it and I can't wait to get the book. You are an inspiration to all of us, keep your head held high. God will take care of you!
     I love you! Aunt Cherry Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the short amount of time I had with you, I must say truly you are an incredible person "one I will never forget". May God always carry you when you are not able to carry yourself. Always take your weaknesses and make them your strengths in life. :)

    ReplyDelete